Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Argentina

Time spent: about 2 weeks
bites:none
On budget/time: slightly over-budget, too many long expensive bus journeys
Lost/stolen: Nothing I think!
Sound of Argentina: Varied a lot. El Calafate was Reggae town, local band in Salta with Rasputin style singer was good for a change, excellent music in Clan Hostel BA.
Taste of Argentina: Steak!
Highlights of Argentina: Glacier was top, BA a lovely city.
Drink of Argentina: Got on to the vino tinto a bit here, had the odd Malbec, but on the beer front Quillmes was fine and Salta not so good.

Argentina was nice, easy to travel in, and as modern as you could want. I found it quite easy to meet people and had a good time here, barring a wobble when I was feeling sick in Salta. I enjoyed Patagonia, and spent a lot of time travelling (at least 4000kms) on very modern comfortable buses. Food and drink was very nice and the cities and towns were generally nicer than those in Chile I felt.

No comments: