Monday, February 25, 2008

Leaving Mumbai

Well I kept quite busy in my last week in Mumbai going to lots of talks in the department and going out to dinner quite a lot with Costis, Tom (who happened to be visiting from Queen Mary at this time) and a Polish PhD student. No incident was quite as dramatic as the guy falling head-first down the stairs at Gokul (Mumbai's equivalent of Hasty and Tasty) last week and bleeding all over the place (I think he'd had a bit too much drink). I had some good Dosa and Pav Bhaji.

It felt a bit funny to be leaving Mumbai. Obviously there was what happened with Sarah, but also having not got any results out of my 4 months work in India, and having to more or less abandon it for 7 months. Anyway I boarded the day train to Goa last Friday early in the morning, for the first time I was in Sleeper class (cheaper/dodgier than 2AC or 3AC).

Here I'll put some photos of the accommodation etc in Mumbai. I now have them burnt onto CD, but am now on a computer whose CD drive doesn't work. Maybe I'll get one later today.

Update: here are photos of the room at TIFR and the Main Building.
















No comments: