Friday, April 11, 2008

Chiang Mai

From Laos I crossed the border and headed for Chiang Mai by local bus, via Chiang Rai. I was pretty knackered after the Gibbon experience so I didn't do much there, spending a lot of time updating this blog. On the second day I went to some of the many temples the city has, getting saturated after about 5 again. On the first night I also visited the Night Market and spent too much money (and made my pack too heavy). In Chiang Mai you begin to notice seedy old westerners with young Thai women around, and the guys seem to be mostly british at that.

It was a pleasant enough town to spend some time in, the main attraction is tours to surrounding hills and villages, but I found these overprices considering I'd done similar things in Vietnam and just been trekking in Laos.

No comments: