Saturday, March 1, 2008

Mamallapuram


View Larger Map

After one night in Pondy, I took the train back up the coast to Mamallapuram, home to various temples and carvings and things by a nice beach. Lost my sense of direction a bit on arrival resulting in one of my frequent wanders around in the midday sun with a rucksack on. However, found a nice cheap place to stay and had a nice lunch (I was on a bit of a prawn binge at this point). Took in all the the temples in the afternoon, including a precarious looking huge boulder ("Krishna's butter ball") and bumped into S on my way back home (small world). She was doing okay, hanging out with some Isralei guy. The place had a nice beach and atmosphere, and was cheaper and less 'sceney' than Goa, I'd definitely recommend it way ahead of Pondicherry.

No comments: